Sr. Creative Designer
- Valley Forge Tourism & Convention
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
The Sr. Creative Designer is responsible for developing engaging marketing for the VFTCB that tells a story and elicits an emotional response. They direct, inspire and lead the internal creative team and outside partners, to produce print collateral, website and social media content, digital advertising, engaging ad copy, email campaigns, video, radio, and PowerPoints that exceed expectations. Their skills include graphic design, photography, video production, and animation. They must have a passion for creative excellence, combining strategic understanding and conceptual skills in order to deliver top quality communication materials that are experiential. Video development is a plus. They are a team builder and team player, working closely with other members of the Marketing & Communications team, as well as the Sales and Executive departments, to meet business goals, and grow a strong, highly-creative team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and develop new creative ideas that support the VFTCB’s mission
- Update seasonal collateral for the brand portfolio to connect with evolving consumer and meeting planner audiences.
- Design and direct creative materials needed for the needs of the business: Sell sheets for sales teams, advertising, presentations for key meetings, creative support for executive team, etc.
- Photography: taking photos, setting up photoshoots, and managing photography assets
- Video: filming and editing projects as needed for TV, social media, events, etc.
- A/V: manage audio/visual technology at all VFTCB events and important meetings
- Partner with other departments to ensure consistency of messages, quality, strategy, and experience across multiple communication
- Provide creative support to other members of the Marketing & Communications
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to art, copy writing, and production.
- Assist other departments with work order requests.
- Present marketing creative to the board of directors, key stakeholders, members, and other parties as needed.
- Consult with Chief Marketing Officer to ensure branding strategy, concepts, presentations and final creative product are aligned to customer demographics and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the traffic of projects to ensure budgets, timelines and deliverables are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer capability, with knowledge of printing processes, graphic design and layout, photography required
- Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premiere, After Effects, Powerpoint
- Strong creative verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates creativity and immersion in social media
- Has a solid understanding of the social media universe
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- An intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
- Excellent leadership skills
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike
- Strong persuasive skills
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphics design or related field and two year or more work experience in related field.
Supervisory responsibility for creative staff members
To perform this job successfully candidate should demonstrate a high level of energy, discretion, flexibility and good judgment, as well as an ability to work with senior executives and business partners. Must possess strong written and oral communications skills, as well as excellent organizational skills. Will be asked to occasionally attend evening work related events.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, industry and trade journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write news and feature stories, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to meet the typical physical and emotional demands of a standard office environment. This may include occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 40 lb. The position does require some weekday and weekend travel.
Who We Are:
The Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board is a private, non-profit membership sales and marketing organization which actively promotes the Valley Forge area and Montgomery County as a convention site and leisure visitor destination by promoting patronage of its member hotels, restaurants, attractions and services.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board offers a competitive salary. Benefits package includes: incentive program, medical, dental, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
Send resume to: email@example.com