1 – part time position
1 – full time position
PA-Philadelphia;5001 Wynnefield Avenue (WPHL)
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
- Gathering exciting video and sound to tell compelling television news stories
- Maintain and be responsible for all station gear
- Maintain a station vehicle
- Understand the editing process and all the technical aspects of Adobe Premier and Final Cut editing software
- Use creative graphic and production techniques to enhance stories
- Operate and maintain ENG Live Trucks for daily newscasts
- Must be able to work independently and use solid judgment on all stories, images and sound that is used within a news story.
- Ability to react to breaking news quickly and efficiently
- Have great knowledge of current local, state and national events and issues
- Work in tandem with reporters and talent to develop story ideas and generate creative ideas for individual stories
- Work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis
- Must understand ethical and legal issues concerning stories and use appropriate journalistic guidelines.
- Must be able to work respectfully with others, including, but not limited to news managers, reporters, editors, anchors, engineers, and producers
- Must be able to, if needed, talk about breaking news stories live on air as needed.
- Ability to shoot, edit, and track packages is a plus
- BS/BA or equivalent degree in journalism or related field
- Physically able to carry a minimum of 25 pounds of equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a working knowledge of cameras and Mac Book computers
- Strong people skills
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to work with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and deadlines
- Must be able to work assigned shifts which may include nights, weekends and overnights.
- Ability to do other tasks as assigned by news management
- Drone certification is a plus
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Please apply at www.nexstar.tv/careers.