Marketing and Communications Video Production Intern
- Drexel University
- Intern - Creative
Reports to: Creative Director, Institutional Advancement
Join the team that will help Drexel University raise $750 million in a historic campaign. Marketing and Communications, a group inside the Office of Institutional Advancement, supports all aspects of fundraising for the University, as well as communications for alumni relations. Use your creativity and deadline-driven enthusiasm, plus your Drexel-insider knowledge to support the IA website, campaign and alumni relations social media posts, email campaigns, live events and internal presentations.
The Video Production Intern will help conceptualize and will fully execute short videos, audio pieces and other digital projects. Assignments may include live videography for interviews and B-roll, computer graphics, and animated sequences or overlays. The ideal student will have strong narrative skills related to communicating a message, defining a brand, or making a compelling call to action. Imaginative use of low-tech or guerilla skills to achieve a high impact lie at the core of this job. Collaboration and excellent communications skills are critical to success. Anyone interested in a career in advertising, film and video, or media for community engagement will learn much from this experience.
The position requires approximately 20 hours per week on site — either in the office or on-location around campus.
Recommended job qualifications and skills
- Skill with small-format digital camera videography for interviews, B-roll
- Demonstrated editing skills with Adobe Premiere or FinalCut X, Adobe Creative Suite
- AfterEffects proficiency a big plus
- Aptitude for audio editing, including use of music and sound design to enhance video
- Demonstrated still photography capabilities (light and shoot) for portraits, candids, atmosphere, documenting events
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with University leadership and donors
- Ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g., CMS, assets management software or project management software)
- Involvement with clubs/orgs or community groups preferred
- Interest in fundraising and/or alumni relations preferred
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org