Editorial Graphic Designer
- AH/Association Headquarters
- Graphic Design
The Editorial Designer is responsible for successfully delivering publications—both print and digital editions—to AH client-partners, and AH, the company itself, and is part of Creative Team and the Marketing and Communications (MarCom). This is an on-site position in our Mt. Laurel, NJ office. The designer can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The Editorial Designer is responsible for brainstorming, conceptualizing, and delivering projects to client-partners and AH, the company itself, handling multiple projects or publications at the same time under the guidance of the assigned Editor and Art Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Layout, design, and production of multiple publications (magazines, journals, newsletters, books, manuals), both print and digital. This may include page layout, proofing pages, developing and executing concepts for both features and covers, retouching images, illustration, and pre-press.
- With direction from the Editor and Art Director, generate lively, inspired visual solutions for digital and print design within existing brand guidelines.
- Work with existing graphics/branding elements to, at times, create banners and imagery for web, print advertisements, signage, and various other projects.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other designers, editors, marketing experts, and web designers, ensuring all work produced is up to the highest standards.
- Work with the Editor and Art Director to ensure that all artwork produced is consistent with the client-partner’s mission.
- Work across all social channels to align visual consistency and drive innovation, when needed.
- Meet aggressive deadlines.
- Provide accurate time estimates for projects.
- File management: maintain digital files for identification and retrieval later. Archiving of projects and visual elements to appropriate areas of the server
- Participate as part of the department, attend meetings, and support initiatives. Actively troubleshoot obstacles (software, technical, process, etc.) and partner with management for quick resolution.
- Design/production experience in a high-volume creative environment with books or magazines.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) as well as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) on a Mac platform.
- Desired but not mandatory: working experience with Adobe InCopy.
- Knowldege of typography and proper typesetting conventions.
- Well-rounded design experience for all key digital outlets – including web, print, social media, and email.
- Knowledge of print production process.
- Sharp eye for quality and consistency.
- Proactive mindset.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a great attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Adaptable, reflecting the rapidly changing client and marketing environment, willing and able to learn new skills.
- Team oriented and able to freely interact as needed with the rest of the marketing team to fluidly deliver excellent outcomes using creative for our clients.
This is not meant to be all-inclusive as other duties may be assigned.
- At least 1-2 years of design/production experience in a high-volume creative environment with books or magazines
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or related field (or equivalent experience).
Please apply at the Careers page of our website: https://ahredchair.com/careers