The Editorial Coordinator supports the publications team. This is an entry-level position that combines creative editorial tasks with detail-oriented production tasks and will both aid and participate in the editorial process. The position provides an opportunity to work with a wide range of organizations producing a variety of publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with publications staff to identify project needs and document these details.
- Update and track production schedules for each project.
- Inform clients/volunteers/contributors of necessary deadlines for submitting materials to ensure that project is completed per agreed upon schedule.
- Collect, organize, and archive files for publications.
- Alert creative team to impending project changes or delays affecting completion dates.
- Work with industry relations team, when necessary, to coordinate appropriate ads for
- Coordinate with production manager on print quotes, when needed.
- Assist publications team with other editorial tasks as needed, such as light editing and content organization or development.
This is not meant to be all-inclusive as other duties may be assigned.
MEASUREMENT OF SUCCESS
- Successfully execute projects as follows:
- Budgets and timelines are met
- Any budget exceptions are documented and approved
- Feedback from project participants and client leadership is positive
- Feedback from AH colleagues and client contacts positive
- Proactively support editor, project manager, and/or director level roles in resolving management or operational issues as they arise
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/REQUIRED PROFICIENCIES
Bachelor’s degree required or a minimum of 1 – 3 years related industry experience.
Send resume to: email@example.com