- AH/Association Headquarters
Association Headquarters is seeking a skilled Editor. The Editor plans, coordinates, and revises material for publication across platforms designated for AH clients (including but not limited to print publications, digital media, and social media). The position will work with the Director to develop content strategies for AH and its clients, reviewing story, blog, and article ideas and deciding what material will appeal most to target audiences. The Editor will review and edit digital media and drafts of all content executions across the AH client portfolio, offering comments to improve the product and suggest titles and headlines. The Editor will ensure content generation best practices and AH MarCom standard operating procedures are utilized across all projects. The Editor reports to the Director of Content & Creative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a role model for company values.
- Provide leadership and proactive development for Content and Creative staff.
- Work with Marketing team members and clients to proactively identify and communicate cutting-edge trends related to exceptional professional experiences for both AH staff and client partners.
- Support senior Marketing staff on assigned clients and/or projects.
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar, ensuring content aligns with client content strategy and appropriately connects with the designated audience
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Verify facts using standard reference sources.
- Evaluate submissions from writers to decide what to publish and which platforms are appropriate for the content.
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed.
- Plan the content of digital media and publications according to the publication’s style and editorial policy.
- Develop story and content ideas while being mindful of the audience and the client’s content strategy.
- Allocate space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story.
- Assist Director in the development and execution of content strategies that support overall marketing and project plans for assigned clients and their individual functional areas (e.g., Annual Conference, Membership, Education, Certification) based on an established scope of work.
- Oversee assigned publication and editorial processes, which may include:
- Developing and updating content strategies for client partners to align with their organizational initiatives and overall Marketing project scope.
- Managing and overseeing the in-house creation of content that is timely and relevant across all platforms.
- Executing print and digital content marketing initiatives including content planning, story ideation, and editorial development.
- Collaborating with graphic designers to create print and digital publications.
- Approve final versions submitted by staff.
Education, Experience and Required Proficiencies
Bachelors degree preferred, high school diploma and 5 years editing and copywriting experience required
Please visit the Careers page of our website: ahredchair.com to submit your resume and completed application for consideration.