Director of Marketing
- AH/Association Headquarters
Association Headquarters is searching for a Director of Marketing. The Director of Marketing is a leadership and supervisory position within the department primarily responsible for leading and supporting the daily management of AH Client Marketing activities, client partners and staff. The Director is responsible for leading and directing the project management function across the Marketing department, including project communications with internal and external stakeholders. The Director provides leadership and direct oversight for the Marketing project management team, including staff development and marketing strategy development across the Marketing client portfolio. In addition, the Director of Marketing is responsible for maintaining direct marketing responsibility for a dedicated portfolio of clients and participating in new business development activities related to Marketing full-service, hybrid and project opportunities on behalf of AH.
The Director of Marketing reports to the Vice President of Industry Relations & Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Project Management & Strategy Development
- Serve as leader of the project management staff within Marketing, including holding regular team meetings, conducting annual reviews/addressing performance issues, etc. and providing guidance and direction
- Develop marketing strategy, across AH clients and new business opportunities – working closely with Director of Digital Marketing and Director Content & Creative to ensure robust marketing strategies are developed, inclusive of all Marketing functional areas.
- Collaborate regularly with marketing department leadership to develop overall department strategy and client strategies
- Develop appropriate pricing / budget information to ensure Marketing products and services are profitable. Provide specific input to project scopes, contract timelines and budget across Marketing clients.
- Develop and consistently implement the AH project management platform, guiding principles and software implementation best practices as it applies to Marketing clients – ensure implementation plans correlate with established strategies.
- Consistently educate the marketing team, AH leaders and clients regarding the project management function it’s benefits and applications across the AH Marketing client portfolio
- Meet with AH client partners (full service and project) to consult on marketing projects (alone or with Marketing team leads)
- Proactively monitor and communicate project milestones and results of strategies and develop ways to consistently share with the AH leadership and staff, client partners, prospects, and the Marketing team (i.e., Let’s Get Digital, etc.)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Proactively serve as the AH marketing strategy horizon watcher – identify new and improved marketing products and service needs to help support strategies and improve efficiencies
- Provide regular updates to marketing department leadership on progress, issues, etc. Develop and communicate reporting dashboards as appropriate.
- Collaborate with I.T. department regarding project management software.
New Business Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the New Business Development team
- Assist in the identification and development of new business leads related to Marketing core service offerings and strategies for client partners (full service and project)
- Contribute appropriate content related to Marketing services to new business proposals and presentations
- Review project scope and contract documents providing specific feedback regarding appropriate / accurate marketing components
- Brainstorm new and creative marketing strategies in alignment with general Marketing products and services
- Work with internal clients to encourage use of Marketing services – promoting Marketing value proposition internally to maximize utilization of Marketing services. Present to clients (staff or volunteer leaders) and prospective clients to drive new business
- Attend and present at industry events and conferences as needed
Association Headquarters Corporate Marketing
- Provide guidance on marketing strategies to support the AH brand and corporate marketing plan, including content marketing, social media marketing, website content, video and other areas as needed.
- Provide leadership of Corporate Marketing Manager in the development of the annual plan, project plans and all AH Corporate Marketing implementations.
- Ensure project management execution of AH corporate marketing plans (managing AH as a Marketing client)
Education, Experience and Required Proficiencies
Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of ten years related marketing, leadership and/or industry experience; MBA preferred.
Please visit the Careers page of our website: ahredchair.com to submit your resume and completed application for consideration.