- Drexel University
Position Title: Copywriter – Enrollment Management and Student Success
This copywriter position will be responsible for writing and editing a wide range of materials for all divisions in Enrollment Management & Student Success (which includes Admissions, Drexel Central, University Registrar, University Bursar, Office of Financial Aid, Steinbright Career Development Center, Student Life, Enrollment Analytics, Academic Information Systems, and Institutional Research, Assessment and Evaluation). The Assistant Director must write for and adapt to various narrative strategies such as short and long form print, email, video scripts, and social media, as well as create content across the broad range of disciplines and specialties represented by all the divisions in EMSS. This role will support the Senior Copywriter, Associate Director and team in developing marketing and creative strategies while maintaining a consistent voice for the University. The writer will be a member of high-energy creative team and will interact with students, faculty, and administrators, as well as other EMSS Communications & Marketing team members.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Some published or produced work required.
3. Full understanding of editorial style guides, specifically Chicago and AP Style.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign.
5. Higher Education experience is a plus.
6. Experience with Site Core or Content Management Systems preferred.
7. Experience with HTML preferred.
8. Experience with Dreamweaver a plus.
9. Working knowledge of SEO strategies a plus.
10. Ability to work some weekends during peak recruitment periods.
1. Develop and maintain a significant volume of complex marketing materials for Enrollment Management and Student Success, along with other general University material as needed.
2. Support in the development of marketing and creative strategies, while maintaining consistent brand messaging and voice/tone.
3. Research and collaborate on the editing of marketing materials, such as advertising, fact sheets, view books, e-mails, posters, websites, video, online projects, etc.
4. Serve as the editorial knowledge base for programs and University functions, and act as the gate keeper for editorial assignments. Ensure that each project has the latest content templates and editorial style guides.
5. Support and collaborate with interactive teams, to concept/compose/edit/review online/digital marketing efforts through content management systems, as well as other online editing programs such as Dreamweaver.
6. Present creative and manage business relationships with internal and external colleagues and vendors. Be accountable for meeting deadlines, and proper delegation of assignments/tasks.
7. Demonstrate conceptual writing skills and usability best practices, and help train team members.
8. Manage creative process through vendors such as proofreaders, video and interactive content developers.
9. Research the latest trends in marketing, as well as developments in the Higher Education field.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=82592 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for “Copywriter – Enrollment Management and Student Success”. The requisition number is 8443..