Assistant Public Relations Manager
- Garfield Group
- Public Relations
Garfield Group is looking for an exceptional Assistant Public Relations Manager. We are looking for a talented storyteller – someone who can recognize a good story angle and have the writing and communication chops to effectively pitch that story to the press. This is an entry-level role for candidates with 1-2 years of agency experience.
- Communicate with journalists, discuss their topics of interest, and pitch relevant story angles and client interviews that can contribute to their work.
- Identify media that are the best fits for the topics our clients are experts on, and the audiences they want to connect with.
- Master our PR software system (Cison).
- Have the writing chops to put smart ideas on paper in a clear, concise and organized manner.
- Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or other relevant field.
- 1-2 years of agency experience.
- Communicate effectively — on paper and in person.
- Organized individual with high attention to detail – it’s important to get it right the first time and be 100% accurate when sending information to the media.
- Use critique to fuel your growth as a writer and publicist.