WPHL-TV, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has a wonderful opening for an Anchor to work in our Philadelphia location.
Philadelphia – 19131
- Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or a combination of equivalent experience as a television journalist.
- 2+ years experience anchoring newscasts at in a television station
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of newsroom computer systems and editing
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Deliver news-related stories to the market, familiarizing yourself with the script in order to read it well and conversationally on air during multi-hour morning show
- Prepare and write copy for newscast and web
- Write news information for the station’s internet website, social media, and other enterprises as required
- Review and scrutinize the copy written by less senior reporters and MMJ’s to prepare the story for air
- Involvement in community events as directed by the station (As needed)
- Fill in for other anchors to cover vacation and other time off (As needed)
- This position may occasionally be called on to provide special reports for the newscasts (As needed)
- Ability to ad lib during both breaking news situations, and for lighter talk segments.
- Stay up to date on what’s trending both locally and nationally
- Interact with guests both live in studio and live on location in the field
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com